Congratulations on another great year of high school ski racing! BOYNE would like to offer all individuals and teams competing in the State Meet at Nub’s or Schuss a set of very special training sessions at Boyne Highlands on February 22 & 23.
We will close South Challenger from 6-8pm on Saturday and 1-3pm on Sunday to allow you and your team a chance to tune-up your skiing on a steep hill before the races on Monday.
We will be setting a variety of GS courses on Saturday night and slalom courses on Sunday. Coaches and athletes can choose to how much they need to train; use the whole time, or drop in for a few runs. There will be NO CHARGE. Coaches will direct their own athletes.
– Athlete registration begins at 5pm on Saturday and noon on Sunday at the Challenger Warming House. There will be no charge, but you must bring a signed liability form for each participant, including coaches. Minors (under 18) must have a parent sign.
– Lift tickets should be purchased at the day lodge before training begins.
– We’ll have snacks and grill hot dogs for lunch for everyone! Again, no charge!
– Coaches, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are bringing your team. We have plenty of space, but we need to know if you are attending in order to coordinate the training. I already have confirmations from a number of teams. I will send you a liability form.
– Independent athletes who are qualified for the state championship, feel free to drop in.
– If you are looking for lodging for the weekend, Boyne Highlands has a number of options. Visit boyne.com for details.
– On Sunday we will be holding a FREE DRAWING for a summer camp at Mt Hood. SERIOUSLY, one of the attending athletes will walk away with a free 2014 Super Ski Camp. (Includes lodging, lift tickets, coaching, meals… everything but your flight).
You won’t want to miss this event! It will be a great weekend, so head up to Boyne Highlands for your race prep and a chance to win an amazing summer adventure.